Sunday, June 16, 2013

Rainy Days

Ever since I can remember I have always had this affinity, a sense of  extreme fascination with rain. The pitter patter of raindrops would always sound like symphony to me, the smell of the wet earth would act like a soothing perfume which made me feel rejuvenated and alive all at once. Not to forget the scenery that emerged while it rained wet lush greenery all round - everything looked beautiful, pure and so magical.

(Raining in my garden)

I don't know whether it is because of  the connection with my name Megha which means clouds or maybe it is because of the childhood memories of getting drenched in the rain when you knew you were not supposed to, jumping deliberately in all those dirty water puddles and then giggling away ..coming home to loving scoldings, hot chai and delicious pakodas. Even if you fell ill you would go back and do the same all over again if you got the chance!

Perhaps, that's what rains remind us all about ..a renewed sense of hope, a timeless extravagance that always brings happiness and contentment like no other and a reminder of those memories where you had the luxury of time and freedom to what your heart desired.

I know a lot of people who enjoy their regular indulgences like a spa or a mini holiday to recharge their batteries and rightly so while I have my  very own version of it.. I run and happily get drenched when it rains! Try it and you will not regret it ..Happy Rainy Season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment